Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Charm Quilts

I'm hoping to get back in my sewing room so I'll have SOMETHING of mine to show you. But if you are like me, you really don't mind seeing vintage quilts. Here are a few more from the vendor at Sisters.
I think the "official" meaning of charm quilts is that no patches are the same. This isn't the case with this quilt, but what an array of terrific fabrics! This may even have been the back of a quilt! Look at the quilting in black thread. (click to enlarge)

Many of you are doing hexagon quilts. I thought this quilt was fantastic.


Would you ever think to do the quilting straight through like that?

9 comments:

  1. I have long had a fascination with charm quilts. I have only finished one, though, and that was in the Tumbling Block pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charm quilts are my absolute all-time favorites. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying the pictures you've been posting lately. Thanks!

    I forgot to ask before - where do you get your DMC spool thread? The store where I used to get it closed and I need a good source.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I was just looking at my hexagon project laid out on the bed yesterday. I noticed that there is a natural straight line pattern to it that could be very nice for quilting. Now that you've shared the vintage piece done that way, I think I've settled on my plan . . . . if only I could get the piecing complete *s*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of interesting fabrics in those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these charm/scrap quilts. Thanks for sharing them and I'm just as interested in how they're quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I love those old fabrics. There is just something about them that the repros don't always capture. I really like your blog, too. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a tin full with diamonds.. wow maybe it is time to sew them together !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!